whird.jpope.org cover image

GNU FM ClientCode table

Check the edit at the bottom first... Earlier I asked: On a !gnufm install, should the ClientCodes table be populated? Mine is empty and I imagine that is what is causing this: http://u.jpope.org/2w Jeremy Pope (jpope)'s status on Tuesday, 08-Jan-13 12:12:38 CST - micro.jpope.org Which resulted in the response: We're discussing ways to populate it on install, or just add the data to source and scrap table, we've been inserting it manually up to now Jonas (kabniel)'s status on Tuesday, 08-Jan-13 19:39:29 UTC Which resulted in me writing this little insert statement to populate the ClientCodes table using the stated wiki entry: insert into ClientCodes (`code`,`name`,`url`,`free`) values ('amk','Amarok 1.4.x plugin','http://amarok.kde.org/','y'), ('amp','Aimp2','http://www.aimp.ru/','n'), ('amy','Anomaly (Chrome extension)','Chrome webstore entry','y'), ('ark','Amarok','http://amarok.kde.org/','y'), ('ass','Last.fm player','http://www.last.fm/download','y'), ('atu','aTunes','http:…

Simple Editing of the Simple Last.fm Scrobbler

I recently installed a GNU FM instance to scrobble my listened tracks to. Over the past four years, I've mostly used last.fm just for the data collection to see what my listening habits are like. And considering I like to control my own data, GNU FM is a perfect fit for me. The only issue with running your own GNU FM server is that client support is really lacking. While you'll find quite a lot of last.fm clients, a few libre.fm (which is powered by GNU FM) clients, there aren't many that support a personal server. For the most part though, this isn't an issue for me. I use MPD for the majority of the time and the client that I use (mpdscribble) allows for personal servers. The other times that I listen to music, I generally use VLC or the native Android music player (Apollo on Cyanogenmod). If you dig into the settings in VLC, you can easily point it where ever you need to. However, with Android, I couldn't find anything that would work for me. The only option that I found was to add an entry to my hosts…